Dentrix has so many great reports to help you review the different aspects of your dental business.
Dentrix has so many great reports! There are end-of-day reports such as the Day Sheet and Deposit Slip that you run on a daily basis, reports that help you to gauge the overall health of your practice including production and collections, and so many more.
Here are just a few of my favorite reports and how I like to use them:
There are two reports for referral sources: Referred By Patient and Referred By Doctor/Other. I recommend running both of these reports on a monthly basis.
- The Referred By Patient Report can be used for internal marketing. If a patient refers a friend or family member, it’s a nice touch to send them a thank-you note. Some offices thank patients for referrals by sending them a gift card for a coffee shop or some other small token of appreciation.
- The Referred By Doctor/Other Report is for referrals from other doctors and other sources such as paid advertising or marketing campaigns. This report is especially important if your office has invested in these types of marketing campaigns. When the report is created it will show the number of referred patients by referral source and the production that was generated by those patients. You can use this information to evaluate the return on your investment of the marketing campaign and if it will be worth continuing in the future.
- For additional information on these reports, read Grow Your Practice with Patient Referrals and Tracking the Value of Social Media Marketing in Dentrix Magazine.
Production Summary Report
The Production Summary report, which is available in the Practice Analysis Reports, can be generated by procedure code category or by a procedure code range. This report shows the quantity preformed of each procedure code as well as the total production generated by that code for a selected date range. It also provides the average fee for the procedure and the percentage of the total production generated by that procedure code.
Here are a couple of scenarios when this report is especially useful. When evaluating how much of a product to order to have available for sale in your office, such as electric toothbrushes or mouth rinses, it’s helpful to know how many have been sold over the last month. Reviewing the average fee charged for the product can also help you to evaluate the fee you charge for the product. Another scenario where the Production Summary Report is very helpful, is when considering purchasing a new piece of equipment, such as a new panorex or CT machine. You can review how many of these procedures have been completed and what the average charged fee was, to compare costs and see if the new equipment will be a good investment for the office.
Treatment Plan Statistics Analysis
The Treatment Plan Statistics Analysis can be generated as a comparison of treatment-planned vs. completed procedures by provider. This report can be run on a weekly or monthly basis for each provider in your office.
I find this report to be helpful because if the percentage of completed procedures compared to treatment-planned procedures is low, there are several items to evaluate. Are there appointment times available for patients to complete their treatment? If not, you could consider adding additional office hours in order to offer more available appointments. Are patients accepting their treatment plans? If not, does your team need additional training on patient education? A good goal when reviewing this report would be for 75 percent of treatment-planned procedures to be completed.
Dentrix has so many great reports. The ones I mentioned are only a few of so many. If you would like to review all the reports available in Dentrix, you can find this information in the Dentrix Reports Reference.
Want information on the new Dentrix G7.8 Reports module? Read Dentrix—A New View of Your Practice Information.
For additional information, read the following :
- Referred BY Patient Report
- Referred BY Doctor/Other Report
- Practice Analysis Reports
- Treatment Plan Statistics Analysis Report
By Charlotte Skaggs
Certified Dentrix Trainer and The Dentrix Office Manager columnist
Charlotte Skaggs is the founder of Vector Dental Consulting LLC, a practice management firm focused on taking offices to the next level. Charlotte co-owned and managed a successful dental practice with her husband for 17 years. She has a unique approach to consulting based on the perspective of a practice owner. Charlotte has been using Dentrix for over 20 years and is a certified Dentrix trainer. Contact Charlotte at email@example.com.